Most of the documentation is on-screen directly beneath each data-entry field. It is written to support first-time users. It can be seen in screenshot images in these pages.
You are a scientist and/or you administer SDSs for your company or client companies. Access rights fall into the following defined roles or permission groups ...
- user - (everyone with a login) basic permissions to adjust their own profile and view their own company info
- admin - non-scientist CEO delegate to add/change/delete company users, company information and establish sharing relationships with other companies
- editor - non-scientist who can change peripheral company information such as adding/changing addresses and phones
- author - scientist who can create/update substances and SDSs but cannot change company information. If you hire an external consultant to write SDSs they only need to be in the author group.
- manager - is a CEO delegate for workplace OH&S who can add/change/delete workplaces
- consumer - is qualified to assemble and control workplace lists of products (SDSs)
- esosds - Members of this group have no permissions but see mixture SDSs with proportion ranges automatically tightened to the EU regulated ranges for poisons centres. This only works for the user's own company SDSs and is independent of any sharing arrangements.
Where SharedSDS is used by a small enterprise typically one person would need admin, editor and author permissions. These permission groups can be used to securely split responsibilities as the enterprise grows.
The following three groups are not available for admin use. They are assigned exclusively by SharedSDS.
- sharedsds - members of this group may assign any role to any user.
- authority - scientist/regulatory roles appointed by SharedSDS to add/change/delete reference and jurisdictional data. If you are competent in these matters for your region, please volunteer.
- esodata - scientist/emergency responder group membership. For medics and recognised emergency service organisations only. This readonly role requires acceptance of the Emergency Service Organisation licence.
User documentation contents
Documentation menu headings are repeated here: